Bug in Consumer.pm?

Paul Lockaby

Oct 27, 2011, 10:17:59 AM10/27/11
to Net::OpenID for Perl
When I installed the latest version of Net::OpenID::Consumer (that is,
version 1.030099_005), and then tried to use it, it complained about
missing the method "uri_escape". I fixed this by adding this line:

use URI::Escape qw(uri_escape);

To Consumer.pm at line 39.

Is someone here maintaining Net::OpenID::Consumer, or could/should I
release a newer version with this fixed?

Adam Sjøgren

Oct 27, 2011, 11:16:44 AM10/27/11
to openi...@googlegroups.com

> use URI::Escape qw(uri_escape);

I think the most recent versions of the Net::OpenID modules are in
Robert Norris' github repositories:

* https://github.com/robn/Net-OpenID-Consumer
* https://github.com/robn/Net-OpenID-Common
* https://github.com/robn/Net-OpenID-Server

The easiest way to contribute a fix might be a pull request on Github,
or perhaps just post a patch on this list?

Best regards,

Adam

--
"Gav Adam Sjøgren
Strik" as...@koldfront.dk

Roger Crew

Nov 2, 2011, 3:56:52 PM11/2/11
to openi...@googlegroups.com

> use URI::Escape qw(uri_escape);

oddly enough, this line was already there, but on the wrong side of the package declaration so it wasn't having any effect.

Anyway, this is fixed in Net-OpenID-Consumer-1.100099_002 (actually it was fixed a version or two earlier but never mind that), which I just uploaded this morning, which depends on Net-OpenID-Common-1.12, which went up last week.

Hm, I guess I should do an actual announcement.