wiki down?

Rick Leir

Sep 15, 2015, 1:42:51 PM9/15/15
to OpenID Connect Interop
Is this wiki still in use?
http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

Instead of wiki content I get a lot of:

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 4 in /home/osis/web/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 675
Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 4 in /home/osis/web/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 670
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/osis/web/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 671

There is a link to this wiki from http://openid.net/connect/.
cheers -- Rick

Mike Jones

Sep 16, 2015, 3:16:45 AM9/16/15
to openid-conn...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Dingle
According to Pam, the hosting company keeps updating the versions of PHP and Wikimedia but they aren't applying the corresponding updates to some of the plugins we're using.  We need to install new versions of the plugins or update them ourselves, if current versions aren't available.  Pam, can you identify the plugins that are out of date that are causing the problems?

Are any of you experts in Wikimedia and willing to have a look at this?

-- Mike

Sep 17, 2015, 9:21:55 PM9/17/15
to openid-conn...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Dingle
Dreamhost updated PCRE, I think that's the problem.  This time.

There seems to be a documented hack to bandaid just this, but really it's time to bite the bullet and upgrade Mediawiki.   If I can't get the upgrade to run right away, I will revert to my backup and apply the hack, just to make things usable.

Pamela Dingle

Sep 18, 2015, 2:21:06 AM9/18/15
to openid-conn...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Dingle
Hey all, the wiki is upgraded, however there are at least 12 different extensions to be upgraded if possible and tested.  So none of the dynamic interop stuff is working yet.

A question:  it would seem to make sense to install the openid connect extension, any objections?  We might be able to run both the OpenID and OIDC extensions simultaneously also.   I don't know if the extension is set up for more than one IDP, but even if we only support Google, it seems worthwhile to start.

Let me know what you think, or if any of you have experience with that extension.

John Bradley

Sep 18, 2015, 10:41:59 AM9/18/15
to openid-conn...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Dingle
Yes we should have OIDC for at-least Google.

Justin Richer

Sep 18, 2015, 12:46:03 PM9/18/15
to <openid-connect-interop@googlegroups.com>, Pamela Dingle
If you’re using the latest version of the MediaWiki plugin that some of my former colleagues from MITRE developed, then it should support multiple IdPs already.

— Justin Richer

Bespoke Engineering

Pamela Dingle

Sep 20, 2015, 9:50:38 PM9/20/15
to openid-conn...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Dingle
Good.  That begs the question... Who wants what IDPs?