Fwd: [OpenID] OpenID 2.0 is final

Sutra Zhou

Dec 6, 2007, 6:44:21 AM12/6/07
to open...@googlegroups.com
OpenID 2.0 发布了。

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Johannes Ernst <jernst+o...@netmesh.us >
Date: 2007-12-6 上午8:53
Subject: [OpenID] OpenID 2.0 is final
To: gen...@openid.net

Seems like nobody actually made the announcement to this list, so I
might as well because it needs to be made ...

This morning, at Internet Identity Workshop, after the last remaining
Non-Assertion Agreement was signed, Open ID Authentication 2.0 and
Attribute Exchange 1.0 were declared final. The website has been
updated to reflect this.

This is important not just because of new specifications, but because
it clarifies the so far rather unclear intellectual property / patent
circumstances of these two specs as well as several previous specs. In
a nutshell, you can now implement all OpenID and Yadis specifications
without being afraid that contributors will sue you over patents,
unless you sue them. (disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and I'm not giving
legal advice.)

The details of the IPR have been posted at
     http://openid.net/foundation/intellectual-property/

Thanks to the editors of the specs, all individuals and companies
spending substantial time energy on the IPR process, the prodding and
cajoling, and not insignificant legal fees, the members of the board,
and the entire community.

It's done! Now on to new great deeds! ;-)

Cheers,

Johannes.

Zola

Dec 6, 2007, 9:53:11 AM12/6/07