Question about personal offices of appropriators

Daniel Schuman

Aug 12, 2016, 12:10:22 PM8/12/16
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping I can rely on the collective wisdom of this list. It's my understanding that the personal offices of House Appropriations Committee members used to get an additional staffer to help with appropriations work. However, in recent years, the practice was curtailed in that new members of the appropriations committee do not get that additional staffer.

Can anyone (1) verify this, and (2) point to somewhere that provides written evidence of this?

I know it's true from my work with staffers, but I'm not sure how to prove it.

Daniel

Daniel Schuman
Demand Progress | Policy Director