Transparency Caucus briefing on Government Accountability in the 115th -- Wednesday, September 21 at 2pm

Daniel Schuman

Sep 12, 2016, 12:52:01 PM9/12/16
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
Details below -- Daniel

Transparency Caucus Briefing: A Look at Transparency and Government Accountability in the 115th Congress

From: The Honorable Mike Quigley
Sent By: Brooke.Stuedell@mail.house.gov
Date: 9/12/2016

Transparency Caucus Briefing:

A Look at Transparency and Government Accountability in the 115th Congress

 Wednesday, September 21, 2:00pm

Rayburn 2456

Dear Colleague,

Please join me at the next Transparency Caucus briefing titled “A Look at Transparency and Government Accountability in the 115th Congress.”

The 114th Congress has been monumental in advancing government transparency. From implementing the DATA Act and FOIA reform, to enhancing whistleblower protections and providing access to government records, much has been accomplished in the past two years. Join us as the Transparency Caucus welcomes a panel of speakers to discuss the progress this Congress has taken to address transparency issues, and outlines the challenges we continue to face as we work to bring greater transparency to the federal government in the 115th Congress.

Opening Remarks By:

Congressman Mike Quigley & Congressman Darrell Issa

Panelists:

Daniel Schuman, Policy Director at Demand Progress

Christian Hoehner, Director of Policy at the Data Transparency Coalition

Shanna Devine, Legislative Director for Government Accountability Project

Patrice McDermott, Executive Director of OpenTheGovernment.org

Please RSVP here if you are able to join us. If you have any questions, please contact Brooke Stuedell in Rep. Quigley’s office at Brooke....@mail.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Mike Quigley

Co-Chair of the Congressional Transparency Caucus

Darrell Issa

Co-Chair of the Congressional Transparency Caucus