Reminder: TOMORROW (Wednesday): Quigley, Issa to Host Bipartisan Briefing on Transparency & Government Accountability in the 115th Congress

Daniel Schuman

Sep 20, 2016, 12:05:45 PM9/20/16
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, a quick reminder:

Tomorrow Reps. Quigley and Issa will host a briefing on transparent and accountable government at 2pm in Rayburn 2465. In addition to their remarks, there will be a panel discussion featuring Christian Hoehner (Data Transparency Coalition), Shanna Devine (GAP), Patrice McDermott (OpenTheGovernment.org), and me.

More details below. Please forward to your networks!

Daniel

Quigley, Issa to Host Bipartisan Briefing on Transparency & Government Accountability in the 115th Congress

WASHINGTON – Wednesday, September 21, 2016, U.S. Representative Mike Quigley (IL-05), Co-Chair of the Congressional Transparency Caucus, along with Rep. Darrell Issa (CA-49), will host a bipartisan Transparency Caucus briefing to discuss the progress this Congress has taken to address transparency issues, and outline the challenges we continue to face as we work to bring greater transparency to the federal government in the 115th Congress.

What:               Congressional Transparency Caucus Briefing “A Look at Transparency and Government

                        Accountability in the 115th Congress”

When:              Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. ET

Where:             2456 Rayburn House Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20515

Who:                Congressman Mike Quigley (IL-05)

                        Congressman Darrell Issa (CA-49)

                        Daniel Schuman, Policy Director at Demand Progress

                        Christian Hoehner, Director of Policy at the Data Transparency Coalition

                        Shanna Devine, Legislative Director for Government Accountability Project

Patrice McDermott, Executive Director of OpenTheGovernment.org

The 114th Congress has been monumental in advancing government transparency. From implementing the DATA Act and FOIA reform, to enhancing whistleblower protections and providing access to government records, much has been accomplished in the past two years. Join us as the Transparency Caucus welcomes a panel of speakers to discuss the progress this Congress has taken to address transparency issues, and outlines the challenges we continue to face as we work to bring greater transparency to the federal government in the 115th Congress.

The bipartisan Transparency Caucus serves as a resource for Members of Congress on bipartisan, open government initiatives. The caucus promotes legislation that requires federal information to be freely accessible, as well as advocates for new programs that support transparency.

Media should RSVP to Emily Hampsten in Rep. Quigley’s office.

###

Daniel Schuman

Sep 20, 2016, 12:10:01 PM9/20/16
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
Correction: it's in 2456 Rayburn. My apologies.

Daniel

Daniel Schuman
Demand Progress | Policy Director