openHIM Console install problem

Sorcerer Stone

Feb 11, 2016, 2:19:31 AM2/11/16
to OpenHIM-Implementers
Hello All,

I have an openHIM-console installation question. According to page 12 of the manual OpenHIM R.3.0 (2016, Jan), after extracting the folder "openhim-console-1.4.1" from the tar ball, I should place this folder in a web hosting directory. According the manual, I should issue the following command:

tar -vxzf openhim-console-vX.X.X.tar.gz --directory /var/www/

I use Windows OS and I have Apache http server running. I placed the " openhim-console-1.4.1" folder in " Apache24\htdocs\" directory. The default.json file already has the changes described on page 12 of the manual by default. Following the manual, I issued http://localhost/ in Chrome browser. But I got "It works" display and not the login page of openHIM console the manual suggested. How do I access the console login page?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sorcerer

Ryan Crichton

Feb 11, 2016, 3:44:37 AM2/11/16
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
Hi,

I'm not sure how to setup Apache on Windows, however you would need to find the place where that "It works" file is served out of and place the openhim-console files in there. Perhaps check that when you placed the files in htdocs that the index.html file with the "it works" html was replaced with the index.html file that the openhim-console provides.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Crichton
Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ry...@jembi.org

Sorcerer Stone

Feb 11, 2016, 10:39:17 AM2/11/16
to OpenHIM-Implementers
Ryan,
Configurating Apache should be the same in Linux and in Windows. In my "Apache24/htdocs" folder, there is only 1 file, "index.html". That is why when I typed "http:/localhost", I got the message "It Works".
According to the manual, I have to extract the console folder to a "/var/www" folder. I believe it meant I need to place the folder in a http server web content folder. Am I correct?
Since I am using Apache http server, I placed the folder "openhim-console-1.4.1" in "Apache24/htdocs" folder.
The question is: What is the opening page for openHIM. It can't be localhost nor localhost:8080, it should be something like openHIM/login.htm

Q2/ Are you using Apache http server? If you do, where do you place the "openhim-console-1.4.1" folder in Apache?
If you are not using Apache http server, which server are you using?

Regards,
Sorcerer

Ryan Crichton

Feb 12, 2016, 3:44:05 AM2/12/16
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
I use Apache or Nginx depending on the implementation. Either will work fine though.

So what you need to do is place the contents of the 'openhim-console-1.4.1' folder in the htdocs folder. Then you should be able to access it on http://localhost. Otherwise, if you want to run with your current setup, try access the console on http://localhost/openhim-console-1.4.1

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ryan

Sorcerer Stone

Feb 12, 2016, 11:21:16 AM2/12/16
to OpenHIM-Implementers
Hello Ryan,
I am using Apache http server. I have placed openhim-console-1.4.1 folder in htdoc directory (refer to attached screenshot: Directory.jpg) .
I have openhim-core running (openhim-core running process.jpg).
I still don't know by reading the manual how to access openhim console. Because I had tried using these urls:
http://localhost/openhim-console-1.4.1/ , not working refer to (landingpage1.jpg)
http://localhost:8080/openhim-console-1.4.1/  , not working refer to (landpage2.jpg)

There must be a login page for openHIM console. What is it?

Because there is a page named login.html in  "..\Apache24\htdocs\openhim-console-1.4.1\app". In desperation I tried:
https://localhost:8080/app/login.html , and I got the unauthorized message (Login.jpg) and openhim-core issued message "2016-02-12T15:58:09.621Z - info: [worker1] API request made by undefined from localhost:8080 is missing required API authentication headers, denying access " (Authentication.jpg).
Apache server rightly issue this error message as login.html should not be accessed the way I did.

I tried:
http://localhost/openhim-console-1.4.1/login.html, not working, refer to (Login_Notfound.jpg)

What have I missed?

Regards,
Sorcerer

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 2:19:31 AM UTC-5, Sorcerer Stone wrote:
Directory.jpg
openhim-core running process.jpg
landingpage1.jpg
landpage2.jpg
Login.jpg
Authentication.jpg
Login_Notfound.jpg

Ryan Crichton

Feb 15, 2016, 3:14:53 AM2/15/16
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
Hi,

It seems that you have downloaded the source code rather than the packaged version of the OpenHIM. Please try download the package from here https://github.com/jembi/openhim-console/releases/download/v1.4.1/openhim-console-v1.4.1.tar.gz and extract that to htdocs. All the files in the archive should be directly in the htdocs folder. Once that is done you should be able to access the console at http://localhost/index.html

The OpenHIM-core uses port 8080, so you can't access the console from there.

Cheers,
Ryan

Sorcerer Stone

Feb 17, 2016, 1:12:22 AM2/17/16
to OpenHIM-Implementers
Ryan,
According to the openHIM R1.3.0 (2016, Jan) user guide, p.12, to login, the username is ro...@openhim.org; password is openhim-password.
I tired but it came back with an error: "A server-side error has occurred. Please contact the server administrator"
In the command box, it has the following print out simultaneously:

2016-02-17T06:09:19.275Z - error: [worker1]  Error: read ECONNRESET
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:870:11)
    at TLSWrap.onread (net.js:544:26)

What is the exact problem?
Thanks in advance.

Ryan Crichton

Feb 17, 2016, 3:52:23 AM2/17/16
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
Hi,

The OpenHIM comes setup with a self-signed certificate by default. This makes browsers unhappy. It is possible that you are running into this. Could you please try access https://localhost:8080/heartbeat and accept the certificate. Then, try login again.

Cheers,
Ryan