Accessing openHIM Console problem

Sorcerer Stone

Sep 22, 2016, 1:24:50 PM9/22/16
to OpenHIM-Implementers
Hello,
I have a problem accessing openHIM console UI in Windows environment. I followed the instructions described on: http://openhim.readthedocs.io/en/latest/how-to/how-to-install-on-windows.html
So I have installed the openHIM core and have it running as Windows services. In this latest attempt, I use Nginx for web server and have it running as web services too. I have created the folder "Console" inside c:\OpenHIM and downloaded the console content into this subfolder and modified the nginx.conf to point to this Console subfolder according to the above Windows installation page and restarted nginx service.
When I log into localhost, I got this "This site can't be reached" message (screenshot attached) in Chrome. I use AVG for anti-virus. I disabled AVG. Same result.
Can someone advises me what to do on this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Sorcerer
LocalHost.jpg

Ryan Crichton

Sep 23, 2016, 7:08:16 AM9/23/16
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
Hi, are you sure that Nginx is running and that the configuration is correct? Is there are demo page that you are able to view from the Nginx implementation. Perhaps posting the config you have can help us guide you.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Crichton
Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ry...@jembi.org

Sorcerer Stone

Sep 23, 2016, 1:27:55 PM9/23/16
to OpenHIM-Implementers, sorcer...@gmail.com
I have attached the nginx.conf for your reference. In it, it points to where openHIM is located. I also attach a screen capture to confirm the location of openHIM directory. nginx folder is not on C:/ but in another folder. I don't think location of nginx is that critical.
Regards,
Sorcerer

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 7:24 PM Sorcerer Stone <sorcer...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

openHIM directory.jpg
nginx.conf

Hannes Venter

Sep 28, 2016, 10:19:39 AM9/28/16
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
Hi Sorcerer,

It looks like your nginx is configured to listen on port 591. so you can browse to the http://localhost:591 in your browser and it should hopefully work.

Cheers
Hannes

On 23 September 2016 at 19:27, Sorcerer Stone <sorcer...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Senior Software Developer
Jembi Health Systems |  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 73 276 2848 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: venter.johannes

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.