httpserver error

Sorcerer Stone

Sep 22, 2016, 1:38:12 PM9/22/16
to OpenHIM-Implementers
Hello All,
Can someone clarify some of the installation instructions I am a bit confused. There is a page for installing openHIM core and console at: http://openhim.readthedocs.io/en/latest/how-to/how-to-install-on-windows.html
I followed the instructions there. I have some installation problems (refer to my previous email).
On another page, there is also installation instructions for the project: http://openhim.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting-started.html

On this page, it said (right after executing openhim-core section), it asks us to download the file default.json and execute the command " openhim-core --conf=path/to/default.json"

On my install folder, I don't have default.json, but I have core.json instead. The content of these 2 files are identical. When I executed " openhim-core --conf=path/to/core.json", I ran into a continuous loop of the same httpserver error. Please refer to the attached file.

Since the windows installation page never mentioned about running this command, should I ignore this altogether?

Thanks in advance.
Sorcerer
httpserver_error.txt

Ryan Crichton

Sep 23, 2016, 7:12:57 AM9/23/16
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
Hi,

It looks like you already have something running on port 7786 so that is why the OpenHIM cannot start. You may need to stop whatever is using this port for the OpenHIM to start correctly. If you are using windows it's best to follow the windows docs as most of the getting started guide is about getting up and running on Linux.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Crichton
Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ry...@jembi.org

Sorcerer Stone

Sep 23, 2016, 10:51:37 AM9/23/16
to OpenHIM-Implementers, sorcer...@gmail.com
Port 7786 is used by node. I modified the "rerun" httpPort in core.json in OpenHIM folder to an unused port. Restarted nginx, openHIM windows services and still getting the httpserver error.
But thanks for pointing this particular port out. I am thinking about the cause of my problem is from a different port. But seems like this is a port issue from what you suggested. I am looking into it.
Sorcerer

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 7:38 PM Sorcerer Stone <sorcer...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Hannes Venter

Sep 28, 2016, 10:19:55 AM9/28/16
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
It might also be another HIM instance that's conflicting? I see the logs were also complaining about port 5001...

Cheers
Hannes

Ryan Crichton
Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ry...@jembi.org

Hannes Venter
Senior Software Developer
Jembi Health Systems |  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 73 276 2848 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: venter.johannes

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.