Installation in Windows

Sorcerer Stone

Nov 1, 2015, 2:46:06 PM11/1/15
to OpenHIM-Implementers
Can OpenHIM be installed and runs in Windows environment? Does the OpenHIM Documentation (R1.3.0) works for Windows or it was written for Linux environment.

Ryan Crichton

Nov 2, 2015, 3:37:07 AM11/2/15
to Sorcerer Stone, OpenHIM-Implementers
Hi,

Yes that is possible. The documentation is centred around installation on Linux as that is the most common environment in which it is installed. However it is possible to get it up and running on Windows. The manual installation guide should give you and idea of what you need to do: http://openhim.readthedocs.org/en/latest/getting-started.html#installing-the-openhim-core

Once you have got mongodb and Node.js running on windows then it should be as simple as running 'npm install openhim-core' to get the OpenHIM installed. Next you would need to download the latest OpenHIM administration console archive file and host the contents in some web server. I'm not sure what is easiest in windows as I haven't ever tried before. However, ISS may be a good option.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Ryan

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 9:46 PM Sorcerer Stone <sorcer...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can OpenHIM be installed and runs in Windows environment? Does the OpenHIM Documentation (R1.3.0) works for Windows or it was written for Linux environment.

Ryan Crichton
Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ry...@jembi.org