Is it possible to add Subject Alternative Names extension to the self assigned Certificates in OpenHIM

mozzy mutesa

Mar 2, 2020, 2:21:56 AM3/2/20
to OpenHIM-Implementers
We are Currently Still running OpenhiM in a Plot Project.
we run it on a remote Host machine with a different IP adress other that LocalHost.
Some times the default credentials work ,Authentication works.
We dont yet have a DNS name for our IP adress.

Is it possible to add Subject Alternative Names to the self assigned certicates generated by the OpenHIM core ,to  point to our IP adress ??

Ryan Crichton

Mar 2, 2020, 2:57:00 AM3/2/20
to mozzy mutesa, OpenHIM-Implementers
Hi,

It isn't possible to add a SAN when the OpenHIM generates the certificate, however, you could generate your own self-signed certificate and configure the OpenHIM to use that instead. That would give you the do do whatever you need with the certificate.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Crichton
Lead Developer and Technical Architect
ry...@jembi.org
Skype: ryan.graham.crichton

Jembi Health Systems | Durban
www.jembi.org

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.