OpenHamilton Meeting at City Hall

ntomkin

Feb 17, 2012, 10:11:51 AM2/17/12
to OpenHamilton
Hello all. It was great meeting you all last night! Lots of great
minds and attitudes.

I quickly pushed out this little concept of what I was talking about
last night. I don't think in it's current state it is incredibly
useful, but maybe it can help to begin defining the strategy
OpenHamilton wants to take towards furthering and putting pressure on
the ideals we all talked about last night.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4912110/openhamilton/OpenUpOurCity.jpg

Nick

Joey Coleman

Feb 17, 2012, 10:22:19 AM2/17/12
to openha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nick,

(At work and will follow up this afternoon)

- Joey

Brian Graham

Feb 19, 2012, 11:47:01 AM2/19/12
to OpenHamilton
Hey Nick,

I like the concept you've worked out.

I'm spending some time this week putting together thoughts on all of
the issues brought up, it might be helpful to construct a list of all
the various issues we brought up (ie, everything that everyone was
unhappy about on both sides, uncategorised). It will take a while to
put all the thoughts together, but the results from the meeting have
shown us three or four major action points:

1. Public knowledge and PR in common language
2. Changing momentum of the old ways and culture
3. Demonstration of results
4. Demonstrate long-term value of open data to city et all.

That is of course a very off-the-cuff abstraction of the lengthy talks
we had, so it may be short or incorrect.

It might be a good idea to form some working groups during the next
meeting but only after we can come to a consensus on how these things
are connected.

In the mean time, I think we should keep generating ideas to solve
problems (like your flyer you linked us to). An alternative would be
to work on the larger strategy that involves all the moving parts so
we can discuss direction quickly and with focus at the next meeting
(I'm trying my hand at it, feel free to do so as well).

Brian