Change By Us - bits and pieces

James Arlen

Jan 15, 2013, 5:35:46 PM1/15/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
From discussion last night:

- Visualization: http://d3js.org/

- "If you could ask one question to all of your neighbors, what would you ask?" - from TED conversations: http://www.ted.com/conversations/4610/if_you_could_ask_one_question.html

- Use of term "residents" rather than "citizens" -- there's a certain sense of being disenfranchised from Civic processes by those who are not yet citizens of Canada

Matt Grande

Jan 16, 2013, 8:03:18 AM1/16/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
I missed the meeting Monday. What can I do to help?

Al Huizenga

Jan 24, 2013, 10:47:35 AM1/24/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
I was there...lots of great ideas. Need to get the app running first. Deb Hazlewood and I got Github installed, downloaded the source, and started hacking at images and copy, and Alexander Wagner worked on trying to get the framework deployed, but didn't quite get there. Been meaning to email Joey and James about this...has there been any progress since? What next?

Joey Coleman

Jan 24, 2013, 11:43:20 AM1/24/13
to OpenHamilton
Alexander Wagner has been carrying more than his weight on this project.

We're going to do launch next Thursday with a hackfest night.

More details, and registration, coming later today.

Joey

Scott Elcomb

Jan 24, 2013, 11:54:39 AM1/24/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Joey Coleman <jo...@joeycoleman.ca> wrote:
> Alexander Wagner has been carrying more than his weight on this project.
>
> We're going to do launch next Thursday with a hackfest night.
>
> More details, and registration, coming later today.

My schedule seems to always conflict with the best events going on; if
there's a way to participate remotely (perhaps via IRC or somesuch),
I'd love to help.

Best,
--
Scott Elcomb