OpenHack August: Wed. August 7th

J. Austin Hughey

Jul 21, 2013, 8:53:16 PM7/21/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
OpenHack August will be on August 7th (Wednesday) at 7PM. The usual place: 701 Brazos, 16th floor (office side) at Capital Factory.

This time we're going to try something a little different and just see how it works. We'll introduce ourselves, and then split off into groups by which technology you know, or are looking to learn. For example, if we have 4 Rubyists, 4 Python people and 4 Java guys, we'll have 3 teams of four: Ruby/Python/Java. Each team will have to come up with a project to work on (so have something in mind when you show up).

Each team will select a project in the language/ecosystem they're all most comfortable with or looking to learn, and then work on that project for the evening. This can be any project - open source, a work project (make sure you're not violating any workplace rules though), personal, startup idea, whatever.

At the end of the night each team will present what they did to the whole group of people. There's no clear winner, but you may earn some bragging rights if you do something awesome!

Most importantly, you'll meet new people and learn something new, so come join us on Wednesday, August 7th!

J. Austin Hughey

Aug 5, 2013, 2:29:02 PM8/5/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
Howdy folks,

Just a quick reminder that OpenHack is still on for this Wednesday, 8/7. More info is at the usual place:

If you have questions, feel free to email me directly or post to the list!
 - JAH