No OpenHack in March (SXSW)

J. Austin Hughey

Feb 28, 2014, 7:24:15 PM2/28/14
to openha...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

This is just a quick note to let you know that we won't be throwing an official OpenHack event in March due to SXSW. It has a tendency to take over the entire town, and downtown can be a real zoo during that time.

To make matters a bit stranger, the word on the web is that the Apple iTunes festival, normally held in London, is going to be HERE, at the SAME TIME AS SOUTH-BY! Squeezing a London-sized music festival into Austin is crazy enough, but doing it at the same time as SXSW is downright insane! See http://sxsw.com/itune...­ for more info.

So as you can see, doing anything downtown is going to be an exercise in futility during half the month. It's just plain smarter to skip March than go through the pain of dealing with all this.
That said, if some one wants to put on an OpenHack event somewhere else (maybe up north?), let me know and we'll talk about scheduling it.

Have an excellent weekend!

J. Austin Hughey
OpenHack Austin Organizer
jausti...@gmail.com