openHAB meeting

Sebastian Janzen

Jan 7, 2015, 10:03:09 AM1/7/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

I'd like to know if here in the openHAB community are some guys interested in a meetup, something like a openHAB user group, where we can exchange about topics like

  •  binding development, how to hack a binding
  •  what devices are interesting or problematic
  •  problems of existing bindings
  •  interesting sitemaps, rules or whole scenes
  •  openHAB 2
  •  home automation topics at all

I'm a friend of such a meetings in person. It could be very interesting and speed up communication at all.

Best regards
Sebastian

Markus Linder

Jan 25, 2015, 10:13:29 AM1/25/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

that sounds nice. I am a openHAB newbie and some communication about it would really help to setup up my environment.
I from Neuss near Düsseldorf/Germany. Where do you live?

Best regards,
Markus

Hans-Jörg Merk

Jan 25, 2015, 10:57:19 AM1/25/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,
I am just a little bit more up A46, next to the great coal mine ;-)

Best
Hans-Jörg

Sebastian Janzen

Jan 25, 2015, 2:12:17 PM1/25/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Nice to know that I'm not alone with my intention. :-) I live between cologne and düsseldorf (Monheim am Rhein), so the direction seems to be ok.

So, now we're five guys (two friends of mine, you and me). What should we set as a minimum count? It should be worthwhile after all.

Sebastian

funkstille

Jan 25, 2015, 3:02:18 PM1/25/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Ich bin auch mit OpenHab in Düsseldorf am Start.
Wenn es in den Terminkalender passt, wäre ich bei einem Treffen dabei! Gruß Christian

Stefaan Bolle

Jan 25, 2015, 11:22:09 PM1/25/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Any Belgians interested?
I leave near the EU capital

Rainer Ostendorf

Jan 26, 2015, 2:51:43 AM1/26/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Another user from Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany here. I live in Bocholt, so Düsseldorf or Cologne area is within one-hour driving distance for me. Ruhr area too.

Kai Kreuzer

Jan 26, 2015, 2:57:20 AM1/26/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Sounds as if it is time to organize a MeetUp (http://www.meetup.com/) in your area!

Sebastian, would you want to set this up?

Regards,
Kai

Am 26 Jan 2015 um 08:51 schrieb Rainer Ostendorf <ma...@tuxtec.de>:

Another user from Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany here. I live in Bocholt, so Düsseldorf or Cologne area is within one-hour driving distance for me. Ruhr area too.

Samuel Lorette

Jan 26, 2015, 3:11:41 AM1/26/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Also interested if there is meetings in Belgium

Hans Vanbellingen

Jan 26, 2015, 3:59:05 AM1/26/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
yes me :)

(but as with most people time is an issue :))

Henning Treu

Jan 26, 2015, 6:59:30 AM1/26/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

if you are OK with it I would like to set up a meeting in Düsseldorf. My company can provide a room and something to eat/drink for the evening.
I did set up a meetup group here: http://www.meetup.com/openHAB-Meetup-Dusseldorf/ so feel free to join
Its my first meet up and also the first time to organize one so please be patient for the first date :-)

cheers.
henning

t.sc...@md-network.de

Jan 26, 2015, 9:25:34 AM1/26/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Would be interesting to have some meeting for Munich area as well ... :-)

BR
ThomasS

Jürgen

Jan 26, 2015, 12:51:17 PM1/26/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Anyone in Dresden?

It is not really in person, but if possible I can join via Skype/etc. at the Kölln/Düsseldorf meeting.

Jürgen

Henning Treu

Jan 27, 2015, 10:00:25 AM1/27/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

please join our Düsseldorf metope group here: http://www.meetup.com/openHAB-Meetup-Dusseldorf/
The first meetup will be on the 6th of March '15 @codecentric office: http://www.meetup.com/openHAB-Meetup-Dusseldorf/events/220089968/

You are welcome to attend and have a great eventing full of openHAB discussions :-)

cheers.
Henning