anyone interested in SMA (solar power inverter) binding

Volker Richert

Oct 22, 2014, 10:38:58 AM10/22/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks!

i just started to implement a binding for my solar power invertors (http://www.sma.de). I'd like to have it to control e.g. my washing machine, collect production data and so on.

It's based on SBFspot (https://sbfspot.codeplex.com/). Some basic funtionality is already up and running using a cheep bluethooth device. But i only have 2 SB 5000TL-20, so i'm not able to test any other configuration or devices.

Is there someone interested in this kind of binding? It's not public yet.

Volker

Mark

Oct 22, 2014, 11:25:30 AM10/22/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Very timely, I'm having a U.S. SMA (SB-6000TL-US-22) installed tomorrow and was planning on adding it to the list of bindings I need.

Mine will be attached via Ethernet, but I'm sure that's not an issue. I'll know more about what comms parts they're using tomorrow. (There are two different Ethernet options)

It'll be about 6wks before the local power company approve the install for Grid tie, but I'm sure the comms part will be functional before then...

Would love to give your work a spin when my install is up.

Volker Richert

Oct 22, 2014, 3:34:03 PM10/22/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

sounds good. The TCP/IP protocol is quite simple in comparison to the
bluetooth code. No check rolling sums, etc. SBFspot already support TCP,
so there is a blueprint in C++. I only implement some empty classes wich
throws some NotImplementedExceptions to give me a hint how it could
work.

The code is in a kind of pre 0.0.0.1. ;-) I'm not sure about the class
structure an design, because i'm new @openhab. But i can already get the
totally produced energy.

The openhab git repository is cloned to my account a while ago, but
nothing is pushed yet.

Volker

Mark

Oct 28, 2014, 1:40:11 PM10/28/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Looks like they've installed a RS485 board instead of web connect (Ethernet) and this model doesn't have a piggyback BT option.

The 485 is attached to a custom box that phones home to SunPower. I started sniffing the HTTP requests, and will see if there is anything in common with the format used and what you're already decoding. (It's in some tab delimited format)

They're not SSL, so at least there's the option for me to MITM the data stream if I needed to.

Volker Richert

Oct 30, 2014, 4:45:22 AM10/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

first of all: Have a lot of fun and sun!

Ths custom box will send all data to the servers of SMA, i think. So you
can access your data using the http binding. If not it could be a
solution having another "layer" in the SMA binding. We will see.

I stated to rewrite and rearrange some parts of the code because i'm not
happy with it. so stay tuned. It doesn't even compile :-(

Volker
--
volker richert
addmore gmbh > gut vellbrüggen 2 > 41469 neuss

Mark

Oct 30, 2014, 11:49:36 AM10/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Volker!  Very much looking forward to having it approved, and brought online.  It's a relatively small system (15x 335W panels), but we get long hours of sun (California) so it should be good to cover my usage.

I sniffed the HTTP traffic, using tcpdump from my router, and it's definitely sending the data back to SunPower's US-based website (not SMA's).  It looks like SunPower has OEM'd the SMA inverter & RS-485 board, and then added their own RS-485 <-> Ethernet adapter to it, so I'm guessing that they're not doing a lot to the data stream before it's sent over the wire.

Anyhow, I'll work out a MITM solution for it, or build something with a RaspPi and sling it off the RS-485 bus.  Ultimately I'd prefer not to have to reach out to the Cloud service to get data that I'm producing locally ;-).

Mark

Volker Richert

Nov 2, 2014, 12:10:55 PM11/2/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I puhed a very early version to my git repro. I received "etotal" and "etoday" from my inverters successfully.

Volker

Julian Brown

Mar 17, 2015, 5:33:20 AM3/17/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Volker

I have two SMA inverters and would be seriously interested in attaching them to my up and coming openHAB installation.

Have you done any more work on this?
Could you point me at your github repo?

Thanks
Julian

Manolis Nikiforakis

Mar 18, 2015, 7:21:47 AM3/18/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for not seeing this thread earlier.
We have developed a full-blown SMA binder allready!
I need to add some documentation, add license header, update the code to work with 1.7... will try to do it asap, but the binder works and it's fully configurabe and can read any value, from any device in an SMA sunnywebbox infrastructure.

This is the config required:
sunnywebbox:URL1=whatever.selfip.com:10090
sunnywebbox:URL2=whatever.selfip.com:10090
sunnywebbox:refresh=960000

and this is an example of some items definition:

Number Espace_141_Current_Power "Espace_141 Current Power [%.0f W]" (SunnyWebBox,Espace_141) {sunnywebbox="SENS0700:30191,GriPwr,URL1"}
Number Espace_141_Day_Energy "Espace_141 Day energy [%.1f kWh]" (SunnyWebBox,Espace_141,Espace_overview) {sunnywebbox="SENS0700:30191,GriEgyTdy,URL1"}
Number Espace_141_Total_Energy "Espace_141 Total energy [%.1f kWh]" (SunnyWebBox,Espace_141) {sunnywebbox="SENS0700:30191,GriEgyTot,URL1"}
Number Espace_141_SolarTemp1 "Espace_141 Module temperature [%.1f C]" <temperature> (SunnyWebBox, Espace_141) {sunnywebbox="SENS0700:30191,TmpMdul C"}
Number Espace_141_AmbientTemp1 "Espace_141 Ambient temperature [%.1f C]" <temperature> (SunnyWebBox, Espace_141) {sunnywebbox="SENS0700:30191,TmpAmb C"}
Number Espace_141_SolarWind1 "Espace_141 Wind speed [%.1f m/s]" <wind> (SunnyWebBox, Espace_141) {sunnywebbox="SENS0700:30191,WindVel m/s"}

And this is their API with all the possible values:

Regards,
Manolis

Thomas Eichstädt-Engelen

Mar 18, 2015, 5:00:49 PM3/18/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manolis,

great to hear that! Please send your PR soon in order give quick feedback.

Thanks, Thomas

- sent from a mobile device -

Marc Sauveur

Apr 3, 2015, 8:36:43 AM4/3/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
I have a sma sunnybpy 5000TL-21 but with webconnect
is there a solution to bind directly without using HTTP binding ?

Thx

Bernd Böhm

Jul 15, 2015, 5:00:30 AM7/15/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I own a similar one, How is the current status of the various bindings in development? I wouldn't mind using BT but as there is a network connection it might be easier to query the values via tcp or http.

Volker Richert

Aug 28, 2015, 3:54:46 PM8/28/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Oh, sorry.

I haven't read this before. I pushed it to my personal (business) repro
(i hope so), but stop developing it. I bought an solar battery, which
gave me all details that i need.

If someone is still interested, i can push it to github. It doesn't need
sunnywebbox (my installtaion is older than that product), but using BT
directly.

Volker
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openhab/dc7ed49e-1e69-44e6-a8b4-bfa3858542e4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openhab/dc7ed49e-1e69-44e6-a8b4-bfa3858542e4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

dipl.inform. volker Richert
addmore gmbh > gut vellbrüggen 2 > 41469 neuss
tel +49 2137 78 74 960 > mobil +49 172 241 2011 > v.ri...@addmore.de

Marc Sauveur

Aug 29, 2015, 4:24:41 AM8/29/15
to openhab
Hi Volker,
i'm realy interrested

actually i use opensunny with BT as a exec binding but a direct binding is better

Thx in advance

Marc

Volker Richert

Sep 17, 2015, 4:28:07 PM9/17/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Ok, i'll try to find my codes and push it to github