cometVISU + OH: Using Diagrams

Bruno Domingues

Jul 24, 2014, 9:27:45 AM7/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

      Have anyone of you using cometVISU? I have it integrated with my openHAB instance, and I'm pretty happy, except that I have to edit directly into XML :(
      I would like to know if anyone used diagram capability provided by cometVISU with openHAB: I have those .rrd files provided by openHAB, i.e. /etc/rrd4j/, but in cometVISU, that a complete new animal for me,  I have a syntax like this:

<diagram_popup rrd="28.D0327E020000_temp" unit="°C" series="hour" period="24" datasource="AVERAGE" refresh="10" tooltip="true">Temperature Livingroom</diagram_popup>

      I have tried place the absolute path, i.e. /opt/openhab/etc/Weather_Pressue, but didn't work. Any idea how do it?

Best Regards!
-Bruno Domingues

Tobias Bräutigam

Jul 24, 2014, 10:21:28 AM7/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,

the syntax of the diagram widget has changed a couple of releases ago. The new lyntax is like this:

<diagram legend="popup" series="hour" refresh="10" popup="true">

<axis unit="°C"/>

<rrd>28.D0327E020000_temp</rrd>
</diagram>

You have to use the item name in the <rrd> attribute, and the item must be persisted by the rrd-persistence service in order to work.

Regards
Tobias

Bruno Domingues

Jul 24, 2014, 11:29:31 AM7/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Tobias,

thanks for your support. It worked :), but I'm trying to use the diagram popup, do you what is the syntax? on cometVISU website I was unable to find this new syntax.

Best Regards!

Tobias Bräutigam

Jul 25, 2014, 2:11:58 AM7/25/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
As I am not sure, what exactly you mean with "diagram popup" I describe the two possible examples I know of.

The first one is an inline diagram, which shows a small diagram in a page and can be configured to open a bigger diagram as popup when you click on it (that is the example I gave you before). The other one is a mixture of an info-wigdet, wich shows the current temperature and an diagramm which pups up when you click on the info-widget. Maybe that is what you want? Example:
<diagram_info legend="popup" series="hour" refresh="10">

<axis unit="°C"/>

<rrd>28.D0327E020000_temp</rrd>

<address transform="OH:number" variant="">
28.D0327E020000_temp</address>
</diagram_info>

Basically you have to use the <diagram_info> element remove the popup-attribute (which is obsolete then) and add an additional <address> element with the item name.

I didn´t find an explanation of the new syntax either. Currently the only way I know of is to take a look at the visu_config.xsd file, which describes the syntax of the complete visu_config.xml files or find good example configurations and copy them. Unfortunately the cometvisu is lacking some documentation at this point.

Regards
Tobias