WH wants input on OpenGov Metrics (by Jan. 3rd)

Stephen Buckley

Dec 15, 2011, 12:37:26 AM12/15/11
to opengov...@googlegroups.com
Dear OpenGovMetrics members,

Yes, this group is going to have a re-birth, thanks to the White House CTO's recent request for suggestions from the public (by Jan. 3rd) for "best practices and metrics for public participation.

After almost 3 years of OpenGov efforts by the White House, I'm glad that it is finally seems to dawning on them that OpenGov metrics may be connected to "best practices".  However, I'm trying to figure out a tactful way to explain to the White House's CTO that we really need to agree on OpenGov metrics  -- first -- before we can determine which practices really are "best".   (Well, I guess he could read this, and then decide to collaborate with us!)

I strongly encourage you to participate in this phone-conference (see message below) this Friday noon (EST) by emailing our fellow-member Tim Bonnemann with a request for call-in details (just so he can keep track of who'll be calling).

Feel free to forward this message to others who may be interested.

best,
Stephen Buckley
moderator, OpenGovMetrics google-group
http://twitter.com/opengovmetrics

=====================================

From: "Tim Bonnemann" <t...@intellitics.com>
Subject: Re: [DW-X] White House seeking input on e-participation
To: exch...@groups.dowire.org

Several organizations are currently working on formal responses to the White House's request for input on public participation best practices and metrics.

I've scheduled an informal call this Friday to discuss the technology part (e-participation):

http://www.intellitics.com/blog/2011/12/14/discuss-white-house-request-for-input-friday-december-16/

Let me know if you'd like to join, and I'll share dial-in information.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim

Dec 20, 2011, 8:19:19 PM12/20/11