Feedback -> White House on WeThePeople (Join in!)

Wayne Moses Burke

Jan 9, 2012, 9:38:49 AM1/9/12
to Wayne Moses Burke
** Apologies for cross-posting **
  • So you want to have your say on how others have their say, huh?!?
  • So you're more interested in process than subject matter.
Us, too.

The White House has actually asked us to provide a summary of the feedback we received on our UserVoice forum focused on the administration's petition site We The People. Problem is, they've made some changes and we want to make sure we're providing them with substantive input.

So if you care about democracy (that's a joke), you've got until the end of the week (13 Jan) to review the site (https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions) and add your critiques, missing features, comments, and votes to the UserVoice forum (http://wethepeople.uservoice.com/). We will take what you put up there, summarize it, and present it back to you at a webinar on January 18th. Based on the response from the webinar, we will finalize the document and ship it off to the White House.

And don't hesitate to keep adding things to the UserVoice forum after the 13th. We will keep monitoring it and keep the White House up to date on what's going on there.

We expect this to be just the beginning of an ongoing relationship where we (on the outside) can help them (on the inside) to build and run a tool that legitimately connects the U.S. President to the U.S. citizens. It's going to be just like the movies, folks!

Please help us get it off the ground.

Oh yeah! Who are we? AmericaSpeaks, the National Coalition for Dialogue and Deliberation (NCDD), the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2), the Deliberative Democracy Consortium (DDC), and the Open Forum Foundation.

---
Wayne Moses Burke
Executive Director
Open Forum Foundation
http://open4m.org/
202.640.1787
LinkedIn.com/in/wmburke
Twitter @wmburke

"Giving you a voice in the decisions that shape your world"