Huffington Post article on the White House's new We The People petition website

J.H. Snider

Oct 11, 2011, 2:19:27 PM10/11/11
to ogp--us-civil-soci...@googlegroups.com, opengovernm...@googlegroups.com, edemocr...@googlegroups.com, citizens-f...@googlegroups.com, open-go...@googlegroups.com, transpar...@googlegroups.com

All,

(Apologies for cross-posting.)

Some of you might be interested in today’s Huffington Post article: The White House's New We the People Petition Website.  The White House’s petition website was launched twenty days ago, on September 22, 2011.  The White House introduction to the website reads as follows:

The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. We the People provides a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. We created We the People because we want to hear from you.

The article, largely based on my own and my wife’s experience creating several petitions, suggests ways the website could be improved.

--Jim Snider

J.H. (“Jim”) Snider, Ph.D.

President

iSolon.org

Web: www.isolon.org

During the 2011-2012 academic year, I am a non-residential Network Fellow at Harvard University’s Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics.