Fw: Webinar Today: Open source vs. proprietary solutions for dot-gov websites

Patrice McDermott

Oct 13, 2011, 10:28:30 AM10/13/11
to opengovernmentdirective
This might be of interest to some.

Patrice McDermott, Director
OpenTheGovernment.org
1742 Connecticut Ave NW, 3rd floor
Washington, DC 20009
202.332.OPEN (6736)
www.openthegovernment.org

From: FierceGovIT [mailto:edi...@fiercegovernmentit.com]
To: pmcde...@openthegovernment.org
Sent: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:55:26 -0400
Subject: Webinar Today: Open source vs. proprietary solutions for dot-gov websites

This week's FierceGovIT is brought to you by Acquia.

Webinar: Open source vs. proprietary solutions for dot-gov websites
Hosted by: David Perera, Editor, FierceGovernmentIT

Date: October 13, 2011  |  Time: 2pm ET / 11am PT  Duration: 1 hour  |  Register Today!

Federal web managers are facing enormous pressure to keep information technology and communications costs down, tighten their belts on bloated websites and improve citizen services. These demands may lead agencies to reconsider their current web content management solution and browse other platforms that could better align with their current priorities.

But when it comes to deciding between an open source or a proprietary web content management system there's a lot to think about. If an open source solution isn't really "free," what in-house costs may the agency be taking on? What should the agency know about the service contracts and content-ownership considerations of proprietary solutions?

FierceGovernmentIT editor, Editor David Perera will moderate a discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of open source and proprietary WCMs for government websites.

Featured Speakers:

Mike Kruger, New Media Director, Department of Commerce

Scott Liewehr, Lead Analyst and Senior Consultant in Gilbane's Web Content Management

Byran House, VP, Marketing, Acquia

Register Today!

Want to reach 20,000+ FierceGovIT subscribers with your own message?
Contact ry...@fiercemarkets.com or call 202-824-5089.

About this email:
In order to receive FierceGovIT for free, we ask that you accept an occasional email promotion from our sponsors. We carefully screen each promotion and never sell or give away your personal information. If you do not want to receive these messages, you can unsubscribe entirely from FierceGovIT. Click here to unsubscribe.

FierceMarkets 1900 L St. NW Suite 400 Washington, DC 20036