AskThem.io - launching Monday, Feb. 10th - help us ask a question before launch

David Moore :: OpenGovernment

Feb 7, 2014, 11:24:10 AM2/7/14
to opengov...@googlegroups.com

Hi OpenGovernment.org Google Group, haven't hollered since September. Big news: our next major project is ready to preview.

Excited to say that AskThem is now live, ahead of our public launch this Monday, Feb. 10th.

AskThem is a free & open-source website for questions-and-answers with every elected official, plus verified Twitter accounts. Non-profit & non-partisan, with open data.

It's like a version of White House's "We The People" petition platform for over 142,000 elected officials nationwide: federal, state, county & municipal levels of government.

Check it out - hope you can ask a question now, so that people in your city & state can see it when we launch ::

http://www.askthem.io

... see questions and petitions to elected officials at every level of government nationwide ::

http://askthem.io/map

... for any elected officials and their staff in your network - or any verified Twitter account - they can sign up for free here to respond to popular public questions that reach the signature threshold, about one per month::

http://www.askthem.io/users/sign_up

... let us know what you think! Looking forward to continual, structured dialogue with public figures.

Please feel free to forward widely. Questions & feedback welcome, will share some updates on analytics from our launch week next week. More about us in this latest launch version - updates to come from our Technical Director Walter McGinnis. Shouts to previous AskThem code & data contributors: Derek & Eric of DataMade; James McKinney of OpenNorth; and Phil Ashlock of DemocracyMap, among others.

Thanks! Please help spread the word about our non-profit, open-source platform, launching Monday.

-David

m: (917) 753-3462

Skype: davidmooreppf

https://twitter.com/askthemPPF

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Askthem/538576652878135?ref=hl

... sample Q below with our verified responder, NYC Council member Brad Lander - great article last night ::

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn-brad-lander-signs-new-q-site-article-1.1605128

Brad_Lander_AskThem_screengrab.png