How to validate demand for this idea?

startucus

Apr 12, 2020, 8:41:21 AM4/12/20
to OpenFrog

Problem: you travel and stay in a design hotel and fall in love with the interior deco. Your option is to ask the hotel where it's from and then hunt down the shop/supplier yourself.

Solution: An ecommerce store that lets you shop for interiors based on hotel. Ex: search for XYZ hotel and check all the deco items listed.

How do I validate demand for the product before setting up?

How do I validate that others will also be interested in the items I've sourced from the hotels?

Since deco items are usually quite expensive (inc shipping) how do I target the right people who can afford and are interested in these products?

Is this idea worth pursuing in terms of profitability?

drllau

Apr 13, 2020, 7:47:19 PM4/13/20
to OpenFrog
Perhaps I can suggest you probe the market ... I know LeWagon is putting on a 2 day product sprint tomorrow. I have no affiliation with the organisers but I saw their demo day at Bali and was pleasantly surprised at how they could take non-coders to polished deployment in 10 weeks (and by the beach town too). They've crafted this course for following people in mind:
  • People who are interested in the startup world?
  • People who think about launching their own company, but are unsure where to start.
  • basic web programming for the novice (2nd day).

Day 1 (15th April): We will focus on the product - from understanding a user's pain to drafting a solution and finally building an interactive mock-up. This means you will learn how to build a product that responds to the needs of the market.

  • From an Idea to a Mockup
  • Introduction to UX & UI
  • Product pitch 101 - UX research
  • User journey and user flow