Edge over competition?

spacemeister

Mar 19, 2019, 6:33:49 AM3/19/19
to OpenFrog
I'm running an online marketplace selling office/coworking space in South East Asia to startups/SMEs. There are about 4 other companies doing the same things as I am. Difference being that they've got funding and my company is 100% bootstrapped so far.

I'd just like to know what I can do as the small fry to gain an edge over the competition without breaking bank.

So far, my marketing efforts involve Google Ads, content marketing,organic SEO and basically attending startup industry events where potential clients might be.

Thanks

Nick Fawbert

Mar 19, 2019, 6:41:12 AM3/19/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
All business thrives because it solves a problem.

But SMEs using coworking spaces have a lot more problems than just a desk to sit at.

Have a think about what those problems may be, and how you can help solve them.

For example they may include networking or advice - both of which are convenient to resolve digitally.

If you don’t have funding you may not be able to afford ads - so think about generating content which others can share around.

Nick

Nick Fawbert
Founder
Mutiny Asia
Learn with Mutiny: http://mutiny.asia/Workshops
Mar 19, 2019, 6:46:22 AM3/19/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
Adding to Nick's excellent advice:

He's giving you a cut down version of what Simon Sinek talks about here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPYeCltXpxw

Or if you prefer a vintage spin, here's Elmer Wheeler making the same point in the 1930s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUmxGqsuKmY

Using Elmer's language ... coworking spaces that sell desks and chairs are selling steak, not the sizzle. What is the sizzle that you can offer with your digital platform that coworking operators can't?

Roland Turner

Mar 19, 2019, 12:51:38 PM3/19/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
On 19/3/19 6:46 pm, Hugh Mason wrote:

> Or if you prefer a vintage spin, here's Elmer Wheeler making the same
> point in the 1930s:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUmxGqsuKmY

Wow; I've heard references to the sizzle for decades, without ever
actually connecting it with an individual, let alone seeing him speak!

- Roland

Message has been deleted

drllau

Apr 18, 2019, 3:47:20 AM4/18/19
to OpenFrog

SpaceMeister,

I believe WeWork acquired Meetup to build services around their assets (hotdesks) ... you might wish to consider the deeper needs behind why people want to go to co-working spaces instead of working from home. In marketing they would call it potential touch points, where you can subtly bring to the attention of your services instead of a blast-to-the-face(book) or annoy-ware. Some ideas off top of head
- social support
- find co-founders
- travelling and need reliable internet (esp in rural ASEAN)
- look for customers/suppliers
- professional events of interest
... yadda yadda ... take a bunch of co-workers and invite for drinks to discover their latent needs and what you can facilitate

Lawrence
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openfrog+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.