Community Building App for Moms -MUMZ

MeetMumz Co

Jan 20, 2021, 10:46:39 PM1/20/21
to OpenFrog
Hi all.

a community building networking app for mothers available on ios and android.
(based out of Hong Kong in mid 2019).

The APP is  based on GeoLocation, and Mothers Can Swipe and find Other Mothers in the area ( Similar concept like Tinder) based on kids, age common interest etc.

Our business model initially worked  through offline and in person events and activities organized for mothers and young children for which we generated revenue of about 250,000 HKD in partnership and generated commissions out of it!

I have now moved to Singapore and looking to expand the business in a scalable way and looking to review the business plan again.

(Recently launched a dropshipping e commerce model supporting mothers to sell their products and services on the platform. and APP).

I am looking if applying to an accelerator or incubator would be the right strategy as i am a sole founder and if i can get mentorship regarding the business.

Lisa Sørensen

Jan 20, 2021, 10:59:01 PM1/20/21
to open...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if you already reached out to them, but you could try https://reapra.com/  - they will like your approach and are open to investing in solo founders.

drllau

Feb 20, 2021, 3:07:20 AM2/20/21
to OpenFrog

> Our business model initially worked  through offline and in person events and activities organized for mothers and young children for which we generated revenue of about 250,000 HKD in partnership and generated commissions out of it!
Customers are more important means of feedback in early days ... but to switch from a commissions bsuiness model toward  a scalable platform requires thinking deep and hard around trust issues (privacy) and value exchange (eg baby-sitting swaps) and community formation. Given that you are a solopreneur, you might need to focus on a narrow pain-point first before reaching scale. Look for models which have worked in other countries (eg Plunket) and imagine how digitalisation can make life easier (eg geo-location tracking of toddlers).