OpenFOAM_FOAM FATAL ERROR

Trần Văn Quang

Jun 23, 2021, 1:28:27 PM6/23/21
to OpenFOAM
Hi guy,

I am running radiation heat transfer in buildings with solver "buoyantSimpleFoam". But I meet this problem."FOAM FATAL ERROR:
Maximum number of iterations exceeded: 100"

(I have attached the picture)

Could I ask you a question? how to handle this issue?

Thank you in advance.

I hope you are doing well

Best regardloi.PNG

Message has been deleted

haruka tsubota

Jun 24, 2021, 9:12:11 AM6/24/21
to OpenFOAM
The error message ("FATAL ERROR: Maximum number of iterations exceeded: 100") means that the calculation diverged.
I think you have 2 options to fix the problem.

1.
Changing relaxationFactors for each variable to be smaller in system/fvSolution file.

2.
Changing gradSchemes and divSchemes to be more stable in system/fvSchemes file.
I think the following settings may be more stable.
- gradSchemes: "faceLimited Gauss linear 1"
- divSchemes for div grad U: "Gauss linear"
- divSchemes  for other (U, k, epsilon...): "bounded Gauss upwind"

Good luck with your work.

2021年6月24日木曜日 2:28:27 UTC+9 tranvanq...@gmail.com:

Trần Văn Quang

Jun 24, 2021, 9:36:48 AM6/24/21
to OpenFOAM
Hi Haruka,

Thank you very much for your advice I have changed the relaxation factor and I fixed this error.