time dependent externalWallHeatFluxTemperature boundary condition

Patel Parth Rajendrabhai

Jun 10, 2022, 10:29:52 AM6/10/22
to OpenFOAM
Hello everyone,

This is Parth Patel, I am a PhD student at Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, India.

First of all, thank you for providing a supporting environment.

In my problem, I need to provide time-dependent heat flux to one patch. As far as I know, externalWallHeatFluxTemperature  boundary condition provides constant heat flux to the patch.

If anybody can help/give direction on how to provide time-dependent heat flux or how to modify the externalWallHeatFluxTemperature boundary condition such that it can provide time-dependent heat flux, I would be grateful. I am using OpenFOAM-v1812 (my solver constrains me to use OpenFOAM-v1812).

Thank you for your kind help,

Sincerely,
Parth

haruka tsubota @xsim.info

Jun 12, 2022, 6:00:31 AM6/12/22
to OpenFOAM
Hi,

I think you should look into "uniformFixedValue" condition with "uniformValue table" or "uniformValue tableFile" parameter for your purpose.
Or "codedFixedValue" condition.

But I'm not sure it can be use for your purpose (I usually use the Foundation version OpenFOAM and have not use  time-dependent heat flux).

Please see the following pages (written in Japanese, so use google translate etc.).
- http://penguinitis.g1.xrea.com/study/OpenFOAM/time_varying_bc.html
- https://qiita.com/takaf05/items/0e478def7bb46a65d5ad

2022年6月10日金曜日 23:29:52 UTC+9 murlid...@gmail.com:

Patel Parth Rajendrabhai

Jun 12, 2022, 11:43:01 PM6/12/22
to open...@googlegroups.com
Respected Haruka Tanaka san,

Thank you for your kind reply,

I have checked "uniformFixedValue"  boundary condition, I think specifying heat flux with the uniformFixedValue boundary condition won't be possible. I know externalWallHeatTemperature boundary condition has Function1 (where we can give tabular data/sine/cosine function for heat flux) functionality, it is not available with the older version of OpenFOAM.

I will check with the codedFixedValue/groovyBC boundary condition. I think this is the only option that remains. I will update you on the result.

Once again, thank you for your kind help,

Sincerely,
Parth

Parth Patel
Research Scholar (Nuclear Engineering)
RSDD, NSDG, Reactor Design and Technology Group,
Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research
Kalpakkam, Tamilnadu, India-603102
Cell no: +91 9428370811

IGCAR extn: 044 2748 0500 (extn no: 22912)
Alternate email: part...@gmail.com

--
このメールは Google グループのグループ「OpenFOAM」のトピックを登録しているユーザーに送られています。

Patel Parth Rajendrabhai

Jun 25, 2022, 6:16:02 AM6/25/22
to open...@googlegroups.com
Respected Haruka Tanaka san,

I have implemented codedFixedValue for the time-varying heat flux.

As you can see,

I have implemented time varying heat flux as,

temperature at patch = path internal field + q(t) / kappa / this-> patch().deltaCoeffs()

Where, q(t) / kappa will be dT/dx. and this-> patch().deltaCoeffs() would be 1/dx.

Is this implementation correct?
I have pasted the code below

 Patch
       {
        type              codedFixedValue;
        value             uniform 300;
        name             some_name;
        codeInclude
        #{
            #include "fvCFD.H"
            #include <cmath>
            #include <iostream>
        #};
        code
        #{
        scalarField& field = *this;
        field = this->patchInternalField() + (q(t)/(kappa * this-> patch().deltaCoeffs()));
        #};
        codeOptions
        #{
            -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
            -I$(LIB_SRC)/meshTools/lnInclude
        #};
        }

Sincerely,
Parth.

Parth Patel
Research Scholar (Nuclear Engineering)
RSDD, NSDG, Reactor Design and Technology Group,
Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research
Kalpakkam, Tamilnadu, India-603102
Cell no: +91 9428370811
IGCAR extn: 044 2748 0500 (extn no: 22912)
Alternate email: part...@gmail.com

haruka tsubota @xsim.info

Jun 27, 2022, 7:59:32 AM6/27/22
to OpenFOAM
Hi, I'm Haruka "Tsubota", not "Tanaka".

By the way, I'm not sure your code is correct or not.
I don't have your OpenFOAM setting files and I don't know what is expected to get by the calculation.

The only person who can check the code is you.
If you run the code and get the valid result, it may be correct.

2022年6月25日土曜日 19:16:02 UTC+9 murlid...@gmail.com:

Patel Parth Rajendrabhai

Jun 27, 2022, 10:57:22 PM6/27/22
to open...@googlegroups.com
Respected  Haruka Tsubota san,

My sincere apology.

I agree with you. I will run some checks.

このディスカッションをウェブ上で閲覧するには https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openfoam/b7cac8d5-5061-4759-942b-307f6c4c1de4n%40googlegroups.com にアクセスしてください。