Why Away3D?

viatropos

Nov 12, 2008, 8:27:57 PM11/12/08
to OpenFlux
Hey,

I was wondering why openflux is going with away3d instead of
papervision in which there are a ton more resources to really build
some crazy things. Any ideas?

I'm really excited to see this project gaining traction! This is
awesome.

Lance

Ryan Campbell

Nov 12, 2008, 9:33:22 PM11/12/08
to open...@googlegroups.com
OpenFlux originally used Papervision and I had plans to support both PV3D and Away3D. Over time though we decided Away3D had a cleaner interface and I couldn't actually come up with a reason to support both so we stuck with Away3D.

If there is enough people requiring PV3D it wouldn't be too hard to add support for it back in.

Thanks,
Ryan Campbell