generalizing controllers

1 view

Mrinal Wadhwa

Mar 19, 2009, 4:02:00 PM3/19/09
to openflux
Hi Everyone

I've been wondering if there is a way to generalize controllers more ... let me give an example .. the ScrollBarController right now assumes that the scroll track is either a horizontal or a vertical Bar .. which is a perfectly fine assumption since its a ScrollBarController ... but what if I wanted to write a more general ScrollController that would allow me to write any kind of scroll component ... lets say for example a circular dial that also represents the same model -- min, max and position .... do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

Thank you,
With regards,
Mrinal

_
http://www.mrinalwadhwa.com

Ryan Campbell

Mar 20, 2009, 5:27:00 PM3/20/09
to open...@googlegroups.com
I've thought about that and actually started on implementing it. It's easy enough to draw a circular scroll bar and position the thumb correctly based on the model. The harder part is writing a controller that can handle vertical, horizontal, circular and anything else you throw at it.

For now I'd suggest extending ScrollBarController and adding functionality to fit your needs. If you find there are changes that could be made to ScrollBarController to make it easier to extend let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan