Container and list layouts

reduxdj

Dec 11, 2008, 8:57:14 AM12/11/08
to OpenFlux
I am working with 5 lists in Openflux at the same time. I have to say
that component weight is of concern. I recently made a bunch of
layouts where each of the children would animate, which is good for
lists that are small in items. I am doing the masking scrolling type
thing where i have about 30 items in my list. I opted for a
different type of animation, it's better to tween the entire list
rather than each item if your list has a lot of items, and you want
them to scroll to the left or right horizontally per say.

The thing I noticed that openflux's layout keeps updating when the
list container's x and y property's change... though this is not
optimal, shouldn't the layout call update only when the bounds of the
container changes, not if the container changes it's x and y position?