Migrating from 2.0.2 to master

Konstantin Nosov

May 18, 2012, 7:37:12 AM5/18/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to switch from 2.0.2 to master but the solution  that compiles without errors with 2.0.2 generates numerous errors with master.
Looks like no dependencyu is resolved - plenty of errors like this:
The type or namespace name 'ProtoBuf' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Are there any breaking changes?

Sebastien Lambla

May 18, 2012, 1:07:56 PM5/18/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com

Master has been broken for a long while, as of now I just merged semver back in master so you can try again. The master that was on there was broken indeed in many interesting ways. :)

Seb

Konstantin Nosov

May 19, 2012, 7:42:30 AM5/19/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com
Build fails now...
g:\tmp\openrasta-openwrap-5d13754\build\build.proj(29,5): error MSB4018: The "RunCommand" task failed unexpectedly.
g:\tmp\openrasta-openwrap-5d13754\build\build.proj(29,5): error MSB4018: System.ArgumentException: Version string portion was too short or too long.
g:\tmp\openrasta-openwrap-5d13754\build\build.proj(29,5): error MSB4018:    at System.Version.VersionResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String argument)
g:\tmp\openrasta-openwrap-5d13754\build\build.proj(29,5): error MSB4018:    at System.Version.TryParseVersion(String version, VersionResult& result)
g:\tmp\openrasta-openwrap-5d13754\build\build.proj(29,5): error MSB4018:    at System.Version.Parse(String input)
g:\tmp\openrasta-openwrap-5d13754\build\build.proj(29,5): error MSB4018:    at System.Version..ctor(String version)

Konstantin Nosov

May 24, 2012, 7:51:03 AM5/24/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com
2.0.2 takes version that is 3 less then expected:

inwrapdesc
depends: Backend = 1.3.1

in repo:
Backend.1.3.1.9.wrap
Backend.1.3.1.8.wrap
Backend.1.3.1.7.wrap
Backend.1.3.1.6.wrap

o update-wrap downloads Backend.1.3.1.6.wrap

Master branch is broken (or i messed something i need to do when migrating from 2.0.2 to master)

Sebastien Lambla

May 24, 2012, 8:40:46 AM5/24/12
to <openeverything-dev@googlegroups.com>
That is very strange indeed. Gonana try and repro. Take it it's packages built pre-2.0.3?

--
Seb

Konstantin Nosov

May 24, 2012, 10:25:38 AM5/24/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I do not understend you last question...

But I've found the cause of   "System.ArgumentException: Version string portion was too short or too long." it does not like "c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\VJSharp"  folder.
MSBuildPackageBuilder.GetMSBuildExecutionPath() method:
from versionFolder in Directory.GetDirectories(dotNetPath, "v*")

Never used j# and do not need it so just removed the dir and it looks to be ok now. At least make.bat builds OW successfully. And my project compiles aswell after updating with new OW.

But now o.exe is not working out of project dir:

C:\>o get-help
# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.10
# Copyright c naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\Users\knosov\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-2.0.3.26\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (2.0.3.26)
The term 'get-help' is not a recognized command or alias. Check the spelling or enter 'get-help' to get a list of available commands.

I've doenloaded and built ow-shell , same problem:

C:\>o get-help
# OpenWrap v2.0.3+26 (shell v2.1.0)
The term 'get-help' is not a recognized command or alias. Check the spelling or enter 'get-help' to get a list of available commands.

Sebastien Lambla

May 24, 2012, 4:54:56 PM5/24/12
to <openeverything-dev@googlegroups.com>
Will fill a bug for the first.

Second, you do need the new shell with the new version, but the get-help is a strange one, shouldn't happen. What packages do you have in /wraps? Can you run get-help with -shelldebug and see if there are hidden exceptions being swallowed?

--
Seb

Konstantin Nosov

May 25, 2012, 1:58:17 AM5/25/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com
in /wraps there are:
Mono.Cecil-0.9.4.1.wrap
openfilesystem-1.0.1.87877626.wrap
openwrap-1.0.2.86964541.wrap
openwrap-2.0.2.87978029.wrap
openwrap-2.0.3.26.wrap
SharpZipLib-0.86.0.wrap
tdnet-framework-2.0.0.48555719.wrap

No exceptions. The only suspecious thing is that it looks for wraps in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\openwrap
while it should look in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps

FolderRepository.PackageStorage.LoadPackages() method iterrates over %userprofile%\AppData\Local\openwrap and finds no wraps there

The directort is set by ShellRunner.Main().It overrides the environment and replaces thr sys repo path:

 cdenv.SystemRepositoryDirectory = LocalFileSystem.Instance.GetDirectory(new Path(env.SysPath()));

env.SysPath() comes from shell main() :

internal class Program
    {
        static int Main(string[] args)
        {
            var rootPath = Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData), "openwrap");
            var wrapsPath = Path.Combine(rootPath, "wraps");
            var cachePath = Path.Combine(wrapsPath, "_cache");
            return (int)new BootstrapRunner("o.exe", rootPath, new[] { "openwrap"}, "http://wraps.openwrap.org/", new ConsoleNotifier()).Run(args);
        }
    }

wrapsPath and cachePath  are defined but not used.

Do not know OW code base enough to decide where to add "/wraps/" to the path :)

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Sebastien Lambla <s...@serialseb.com> wrote:
-shelldebug

--
Regards,
Konstantin Nosov

Konstantin Nosov

Jun 5, 2012, 9:18:45 AM6/5/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com
Rolled back to 2.0.2, changed builds to increment 3rd number in version (1.0.1.0 > 1.0.2.0 > 1.0.3.0 etc) to work around bug causing ow to take not latest available wrap fitting constraints in wrapdesc. Looking forward foe official 2.0.3.

Sebastien Lambla

Jun 6, 2012, 8:22:52 AM6/6/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com
 Latest code in the shell solves a lot of those issues, coupled with some changes on f/cachedremotes.

Implementation should be finished tomorrow, that leaves the cache management commands to implement and test the interop between 1.0 and 2.0 for feeds with semantic builds,  and make sure the shell only install the latest non-semantic buidls by default, and a few tasks around shell deployment, close the remaining bugs and we'll have a candidate release for 2.0.3.

I'd expect this to be available this weekend.

Seb