openwrap: private repository with expired certificate

Reinhold Rumberger

Aug 28, 2012, 11:58:26 AM8/28/12
to openevery...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

tl;dr summary: openwrap chokes on invalid SSL certificate; how can I make it
ignore invalid certificates?

I've been trying to implement my private repository (see my previous thread).
So far it seemed to be going quite well. I uploaded a couple of wraps, created
a php script that generates the appropriate wraplist and tried adding the
repository to a clean, freshly initialised random project. (In case that makes
a difference, the URL the wraplist resides at is something like
https://example.de/path/to/openwrap/repo/index.wraplist.)
That didn't seem to cause any problems, so I tried "o add-wrap Pack.age-Name"
- and received an error that the package couldn't be found. Next I tried
"o list-wrap -remote myreponame", which returned nothing.

During all of this, I watched my server logs and couldn't see a single request
coming in.

As an experiment, I started netcat on port 80 in listen mode, added a repo
with the address http://192.168.1.50/my/openwrap/repo (IP 192.168.1.50 is a
random Linux machine with netcat running) and did a list-wrap.
The output on the Linux machine was:
> $ sudo nc -l -p 80
> GET /my/openwrap/repo/index.wraplist HTTP/1.1
> Host: 192.168.1.122
> Connection: Keep-Alive

It worked for https and port 443, too (except that the output was garbled, as
expected), so the only way to explain my problems that I can see is that the
SSL certificate is expired. I can't seem to find a way to make openwrap accept
invalid SSL certificates, so I'm wondering if there is a way I missed?

--Reinhold