CShap and OSB

François Thillen

Oct 19, 2013, 10:56:44 AM10/19/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com

Hallo,

I have a problem with an exception that is thrown on the wrong place. I am try to commit some signals on the OSB, therefore I invoke the raiseCommitSignalsEvent. If there is a conflict, an exception has to be thrown. This exception should be forwarded to the .net Bridge by invoking the mergeFailed event (on the .Net Bridge DomainEvents interface). However, this does not happens. The Exception (from the conflict on the OSB) is directly forwarded to the bridge and is thrown as answer of the raiseCommitSignalsEvent. I added the exception received on the bridge and the log from karaf.

Does anybody have an idea, why the behaviour is incorrect?

Thank you

Best regards

François

Exception.txt
karaf.log

Andreas Pieber

Oct 20, 2013, 2:25:57 PM10/20/13
to OpenEngSB
another question: does it ever work as expected?

Kind regards,
Andreas

François Thillen

Oct 20, 2013, 5:32:42 PM10/20/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com

No J. Since I implemented, it newer worked correctly

Best regards

François

Michael Petritsch

Oct 20, 2013, 6:03:01 PM10/20/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francois,

I thought it works unless you commit your stuff with a wrong (old)
OpenEngSBModel.edbVersion property? So this actually means (to answer
Andi's question) it does work as expected, unless a wrong edbVersion
is used.
In this case an - as of yet - unknown Bridge Exception occurs. Unknown
since it is 'masked' by a ClassNotFoundException.

If the 'correct' edbVersion is used, no exceptions occur and
everything works as expected.

br

Andreas Pieber

Oct 21, 2013, 3:38:19 AM10/21/13
to OpenEngSB

How could a wrong edb version be used? In which way do you expect this to be fixed?

Kind regards, Andreas

Michael Petritsch

Oct 21, 2013, 8:04:28 AM10/21/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com
> How could a wrong edb version be used?

E.g. when a race condition occurs. User A modifies the same
OpenEngSBModels, updates them (=increases edbVersion) and then user B
wants to commit his. As a result of user A's commit, B's edbVersions
are outdated ('wrong').

Commiting a Model with an old edbVersion would cause the EDB to throw
a ModelPersistException.

In this case the ModelPersistException is caught in a rule (the
CommitCul rule in the karaf.log), a CulMergeException is created and
passed as parameter to the connector's (in this case the c# bridge)
mergeFailed() method.

According to the log up to this point everything is ok, however
somewhere in the c# bridge an exception occurs that is not thrown, due
to a missing class (BridgeException).

> In which way do you expect this to be fixed?

First the ClassNotFoundException in the c# bridge should be fixed.

br

François Thillen

Oct 21, 2013, 4:07:44 PM10/21/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Ah ich glaube, dass was du mit der BridgeException meinst. Wenn eine
Exception vom OSB kommt, dann kann ich die nicht zu einer konkreten
Exception casten, da ich diesen Type nicht kenne, darum convertiere ich die
ExceptionNachricht (Und die InnerException) zu einem String und geben diesem
String zu der BridgeException wieder. Diese BridgeException, gebe ich dann
an den EOE weiter. (Eine BridgeException geht nie an den OSB raus)

Ich kann es dir morgen live vorführen und in die Bridge gehen und dir zeigen
was passiert.

Lg
François

François Thillen

Oct 21, 2013, 4:08:16 PM10/21/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Sorry wrong Mailadresse

François Thillen

Nov 14, 2013, 3:47:02 PM11/14/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Hallo,

I forgot to inform you. The problem is solved. The version of the domains
was wrong.

Thank you anyway

Best regards
François Thillen