question about UserDataManager

Stefan Scheiber

Jan 8, 2014, 9:30:54 AM1/8/14
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding security.
Why is the AdminAccessConnector bound to the UserDataManagerImpl bean instead of the service?
If a new userdatamanager implementation is provided with a higher ranking the AdminAccessConnector would still work with the UserDataManagerImplBean, which in this case wouldn't be initialized (thus, the admin user is unknown). However, my understanding is that the AdminAccessConnector grants access to any user having RootPermission, irrespective which userdatamanager provides the user.

Would it be okay to bind the AdminAccessConnector to the UserDataManager service?

kind regards,
stefan

Andreas Pieber

Jan 9, 2014, 2:28:03 AM1/9/14
to OpenEngSB
Hey Stefan,

I've just read the code and tried to link it with what we've though at that time :-) @CGr please correct me if you can remember something else :)

Looking at the code I'm completely with you. IIRC the link was only done directly since there's a racing problem if you try to import a service in the same bundle exporting it. But please, give it a try. If everything works as expected go ahead and push/provide a push request for the change.

Kind regards,
Andreas