Restructure OpenEngSB

Andreas Pieber

May 15, 2013, 8:28:40 AM5/15/13
to OpenEngSB
We've discussed this quite some time ago; but now that travis is finally up and running this would be the next step on my list.

The idea is that people are basically interested in something they can directly work and experiment with. If they work directly e.g. against the framework or against loom-java, ... they could use the artifacts from maven central without problem; otherwise they would like to have other assemblies they could use directly.

The idea now is

1) move openengsb-framework -> openengsb (and delete the currently not used openengsb project
2) Create a starterkit for the OpenEngSB containing the OpenEngSB itself and a set of "examples" based on [1]
3) Provide a starter kit for Loom Java containing the same integration tests, but no openengsb.
4) For CSharp (loom-csharp) we'll need something similar to [1] for csharp, but I'm not realy sure right now what we want to use here right now. For now I would simple include the required dll files as a zip.

What do you think? Any objections?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Felix Mayerhuber

May 15, 2013, 8:35:43 AM5/15/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com
From my point of view, this sounds good. Also the explicit definition
of "examples" will make the start for new users and new developers as
well more easy I suppose. + 1

Kind regards
Felix

François Thillen

May 15, 2013, 2:42:22 PM5/15/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com

+1 for all points accepted 4).

4). It is an option, to add all the dependencies as zip. However, I think that using nuget here is better. Nuget automatically recognizes, if some dependencies are missing and the Visual studio (when starting Visual studio) asks the user if he want to add them again. WDYT?

Best regards

François

Andreas Pieber

May 19, 2013, 1:44:42 AM5/19/13
to OpenEngSB
So, what exactly do you propose? Just make the samples as code downloadable as a zip and letting visual studio doing the rest? Do I understand you correctly?

If yes this is definitely an interesting option. Also for the loom-java bridge. Maven or Gradle would be the tool of choice here for this task.

Kind regards,
Andreas

François Thillen

May 19, 2013, 4:07:41 AM5/19/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com

Yes exactly. I think that the maintenance is very efficient.

Andreas Pieber

May 19, 2013, 4:26:24 AM5/19/13
to OpenEngSB
sounds like a plan. I'll start with the openengsb project rename and tests/starterkit and then go over to the bridges.

Kind regards,
Andreas