OpenElections Update: New Docs and more

Derek Willis

Dec 12, 2015, 10:28:31 AM12/12/15
to openelections
Thanks to a push from volunteer Pete Huang, we've revamped our documentation with an eye on making it easier for people to get involved in our project. See the updated documentation site here:

We've got sections on metadata gathering, data entry and easy PDF/HTML/text conversion tasks, along with fleshed-out guides for contributing code if that's more your thing. A couple of other updates:

* We've added county-level results for Missouri, and are working on precinct-level data for Missouri general elections.
* Thanks to our volunteers, we're closing in on having a complete set of Oregon precinct data for 2012-2014 elections, and we've got earlier precinct data for a number of other counties. Visit https://github.com/openelections/openelections-data-or to see our progress (we have a file showing our county coverage here - https://github.com/openelections/openelections-data-or/blob/master/county_matrix.csv) and if you can pitch in, we've got some tasks at https://github.com/openelections/openelections-data-or/issues.
* We recently obtained precinct-level data from Utah for general elections from 2008-2014: https://github.com/openelections/openelections-sources-ut
* Dan Nguyen recently improved our site's UI by adding clickthroughs to our map (https://github.com/openelections/openelections.github.io/pull/52)

As always, if you're looking for a way to get plugged into the project, please let us know, and thank you for your contributions.

Derek & Serdar