Anyone interested in parsing Idaho data?

Derek Willis

Jun 10, 2017, 9:45:05 PM6/10/17
to openelections
Have some Python skills (or heck, any programming language, really) and want to help us out? Let's go to Idaho.

Idaho produces Excel files that are fairly consistent in their formatting. This work would be taking them and generating CSVs in our format: one row per candidate result per race. You can work on 1 election, 1 year or all the way back to 1990 if you want. It's up to you.

If you're interested, we've got details on how to start here: https://github.com/openelections/openelections-data-id

And if you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Derek Willis

Shelby Spees

Jun 26, 2017, 3:14:06 PM6/26/17
to openelections
I'm interested in helping out with this. Let me take a look this week and I'll let you know what questions I have.

Shelby