State-by-state documentation

Open Elections Team

May 30, 2019, 6:45:25 PM5/30/19
to openelections
Hello, OpenElectioneers!

One of the things on our plate for the second half of 2019 is to create state-by-state references based on our experiences gathering, converting and publishing election results. We've learned a lot in the past 6 years about how to do this, especially on the collection end, and want to share that knowledge. The question is: what kinds of information would be most useful? What would help you to know about both our processes and the data we're producing? How helpful would it be to have contact information for state and county-level officials we've dealt with for results? Should the format of this be something that anyone could contribute to?

Any and all thoughts on this would be welcome, either here on via email at openel...@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Derek Willis
OpenElections