We've renamed the core OpenElections repo

Geoffrey Hing

Nov 26, 2014, 6:15:18 AM11/26/14
to openel...@googlegroups.com

Dear OpenElections developers,

Naming things is hard and often an iterative process. We’ve decided to change the name of the repo of our main Python package from ‘core’ to ‘openelections-core’. This aligns the name with the convention we’ve used for our preprocessed and published data repositories and offers a more meaningful default for those cloning the repo.

The Python package contained in the repo is still named ‘openelex’.

The repo name change also means the GitHub URL has changed from https://github.com/openelections/core/ to https://github.com/openelections/openelections-core/.

Since GitHub automatically redirects web and repository URLs when a repository is renamed, you don’t have to do anything to your local copy of the repo. However, to avoid confusion you can update the remote URL like this (the example assumes your remote for our repository is named openelex):

git remote set-url openelex https://github.com/openelections/openelections-core.git

Thanks,
Geoff