2019-07-31 Update

Derek Willis

Jul 31, 2019, 7:36:54 PM7/31/19
to openelections
Hello folks,

A quick summer 2019 update from OpenElections:

1. We're thisclose to finishing precinct-level election results for the 2018 general election. We've completed New York, Indiana and Texas, and we've just got Maine outstanding (for Maine we're going with town-level results, as precinct results are extremely difficult to find statewide). If you're using our data and find errors or weirdness, please let us know.

2. We're continuing work on 2018 primary elections, and currently are working on New York (https://github.com/openelections/openelections-data-ny/issues/59), Oregon (https://github.com/openelections/openelections-data-or/issues/178) and, in a first for us, Missouri (https://github.com/openelections/openelections-data-mo/issues/13).

3. We're also thinking about a new openelections.net and what that looks like. We know that the site has long needed a refresh, and we're taking this opportunity to re-think how it might be more useful and better reflect the constant activity. Feel free to chime with your ideas here or on GitHub (https://github.com/openelections/openelections.github.io/issues/63).

As always, we welcome your questions and input, and definitely your time devoted to this project.

Derek Willis
OpenElections