A default `Advanced Module List` for all new courses

Mahyar Damavand

Apr 28, 2018, 2:34:27 AM4/28/18
to Open edX operations
Is this possible to define a default `Advanced Module List` for every course is being created?
I want to simplify adding some common x-blocks for course creators. any suggestion?

Thanks in advanced.

Mahyar Damavand

May 8, 2018, 8:32:36 AM5/8/18
to Open edX operations
Any help on this would be appriciated
Probably there is no settings for this. but I need your guidance to find a template for course advanced settings.
I will then make a fork of open-edx and make my changes there.
Thank you very much

Master Eyes

May 8, 2018, 7:48:29 PM5/8/18
to Open edX operations
Hi Mahyar,

We use a skeleton course where a blank course is exported after defining the advanced settings.  For each new course, we take a start by importing the skeleton course. May be helpful till your desired functionality is not available.

Mahyar Damavand

May 10, 2018, 10:40:25 AM5/10/18
to opene...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic trick,
Thank you for your answer.
So there is not a template I can edit to manage this in the code?
We have hundreds of school teachers and it's hard to teach them to import a template course. Also I'm sure many of them will forgot to do so :(

Master Eyes

May 13, 2018, 8:31:40 PM5/13/18
to Open edX operations

sudo pico /edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/course_module.py

  advanced_modules = List(
        display_name=_("Advanced Module List"),
        default=[], # this is where you can add the default values <<<-------------------
        help=_("Enter the names of the advanced modules to use in your course."),
        scope=Scope.settings

Mahyar Damavand

May 14, 2018, 1:14:24 AM5/14/18
to opene...@googlegroups.com
Thanks in advanced,
I cannot blieve it was there and I didn't find it
best wishes for you 🙏✌️