Looking for a specific table in mysql or mongo

Pierre Mailhot

Dec 23, 2014, 11:28:35 AM12/23/14
to opene...@googlegroups.com
This is a very specific issue, but for the life of me I can't find the table where the information about a user would still be.

On a test machine, I attempted to delete a user by removing traces of that users in the following tables under mysql:

delete from user_api_userpreference where user_id=34;

delete from auth_userprofile where user_id=34;

delete from auth_registration where user_id=34

delete from auth_user where id=34;

But when I try to recreate a user with the same username, I get the following message about the user already existing in the forum: CommentClientRequestError : u'["Username is already taken"]'

My question is: what is the name of the table that still contains information about that username?

Thanks for any information.

Carson Gee

Dec 23, 2014, 11:39:13 AM12/23/14
to opene...@googlegroups.com

We have run into this issue quite a bit as there isn’t really an API for deleting users in the forums that I’m aware of. By default, the user database for the cs_comments_service is in mongo under the cs_comments_service database and the users collection. You can remove with something like:

mongo
use cs_comments_service
db.users.find()
db.users.remove({username: "jimbo"})

Pierre Mailhot

Dec 23, 2014, 11:45:30 AM12/23/14
to opene...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. You helped me solve my problem.

Since I am on a test machine, I am still using  cs_comments_service_development and not cs_comments_service.
I was looking under cs_comments_service and couldn't find my specific user. Now I know why :(

Thanks again. I have to remember this now :)