Ecommerce currency

Mark Davies Tan

Oct 14, 2018, 11:22:20 PM10/14/18
to Open edX operations
Hi all,

Is there any way to change the currency used by the ecommerce service? Like what if I wanted to have this specific course be shown in USD, this other course be shown in SGD, then a 3rd course be shown in JPY.

Thanks.

Ibo Sy

Oct 15, 2018, 9:17:37 AM10/15/18
to Open edX operations
I think it is not possible out of the box. The edx system is fixed to use one single currency at a few places. I have not used the ecommerce system though, so I might be wrong and there might be an additional feature for that. Looking into the doc, there was a mention of a "Currency list" here: https://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/open-edx-building-and-running-a-course/en/open-release-ginkgo.master/manage_live_course/manage_course_fees.html#set-the-price-of-the-course, but I think for Hawthorn the section has been (re)moved.

However, if you are willing to modify the code, the PAID_COURSE_REGISTRATION_CURRENCY flag already uses an array with [<CURRENCY>, <SYMBOL>], but at a few places, the lookup is hardcoded to PAID_COURSE_REGISTRATION_CURRENCY[0].

You'll have to adjust the edx-platform slightly, as well as the ecommerce module. For the edx-platform you want to look into:

Mark Davies Tan

Oct 16, 2018, 4:20:41 AM10/16/18
to Open edX operations
Hi I was able to give the courses different prices with different currencies via the ecommerce admin page but I was wondering if there was any way to set the currency during the course creation page in the ecommerce so that I can already set a course to be 1k SGD for example instead of the fixed USD.

Mikias Ephrem

Nov 6, 2018, 8:48:24 AM11/6/18
to Open edX operations
Hi Mark, can you give me some directions how you manage to give courses different prices with different currencies via the ecommerce admin page?

Mark Davies Tan

Nov 7, 2018, 1:17:05 AM11/7/18
to Open edX operations
You can do that via the stock records in the admin page

Mikias Ephrem

Nov 7, 2018, 1:19:13 AM11/7/18
to Open edX operations
Any documentation?

manoj kharol

Aug 28, 2019, 5:34:13 AM8/28/19
to Open edX operations
Hello Mark, how did you manage to change the currency from ecommerce admin. Can you please share detailed directions.