Here are instructions on installing Open edX on Windows 7

D Lewis

Jan 27, 2015, 7:45:57 AM1/27/15
to opene...@googlegroups.com
Created a repo that provides instructions on how to install edX  on Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate.

(Installation on Windows 7 Professional or Home would require the installation of a third-party Network File System (NFS) client library, which Windows 7 Professional and Home do not have.
Which product to acquire and how to properly install any such program are not covered in this guide.)

Am still developing the sections that describe how to properly configure the email system, and how to install Stanford Theming.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
D Lewis

Nilesh Londhe

Jan 27, 2015, 12:13:25 PM1/27/15
to opene...@googlegroups.com, opene...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the git repo containing sphinx doc source for new users. Which URL would a new user read this in human readable format?

Nilesh Londhe

Founder

Nilesh Londhe

Jan 27, 2015, 12:20:17 PM1/27/15
to opene...@googlegroups.com, opene...@googlegroups.com
I did not find one so built one.

Here it is.

Nilesh Londhe

Founder

D Lewis

Jan 27, 2015, 2:17:01 PM1/27/15
to opene...@googlegroups.com
Outstanding Nilesh! Way to go!
Will write up the email config today or tomorrow. Know the steps, just have been busy on my other projects - neuroscience and education reform.
Thanks again,
Cheers,
Derrick

Sudheer Kumar Chintala

Apr 7, 2015, 3:24:07 AM4/7/15
to opene...@googlegroups.com
Hello D Lewis,

This is a fantastic stuff, can you also please update email configurations to this page. This helps me solving my first steps on Edx.

Thank you

Regards
Sudheer

D Lewis

Apr 8, 2015, 3:28:14 AM4/8/15
to opene...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sudheer,
Thanks for the feedback, and kind remarks.
Will do so shortly.
Basically, you have to install postfix manually, including a SSL certificate.
Have done it several times.
Will seek to document it shortly.
Cheers,
D Lewis