Logs with opendpi+wrapper

Raknor

Jun 17, 2011, 6:30:56 AM6/17/11
to opendpi
hi everybody,

I compiled OpenDPI with the wrapper in order to install a firewall
able to filter some P2P protocols. It is running since a few months
and seems to be effective.

I was wondering about a logging feature (maybe in /var/log) in order
to save detected events.

So far, I understand that the debug feature was used for printing at
screen those events when OpenDPI is used with a pcap sample. What's
its behaviour with the wrapper?

Is there an option for the compilation to activate logging or should I
implement myself such feature ?

Thank you.

Ralf Hoffmann

Jun 17, 2011, 8:13:52 AM6/17/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is no special logging code for the netfilter wrapper but you can
use the logging feature of iptables to get events via syslog. Search for
the "-j LOG" option.

Best Regards,

Ralf

Raknor

Jun 17, 2011, 11:24:55 AM6/17/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your quick answer.

I thought there was such code in the wrapper.

I should have tried this first. ;-)

Best regards.

Michel

Karl Liu

Jun 18, 2011, 11:41:33 PM6/18/11
to opendpi
hi, i also want to get some detected events logged.

But the log function iptables provided can't log the specific
protocols of the packets.

So maybe we have to implement the feature by ourselves?