OpenDpi API

Ali Ahmed

Oct 18, 2011, 6:13:40 AM10/18/11
to opendpi
Hi all,

Is there any documentation or white paper on opendpi API for
programming other than integration manual and opendpi demo source
code.

Regards,

Ali Ahmad

Kevin

Dec 14, 2011, 12:06:58 AM12/14/11
to opendpi
Ali -

did you find anything?

Ralf Hoffmann

Dec 14, 2011, 3:33:42 AM12/14/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The manual for using the library can be found in the download section
(https://code.google.com/p/opendpi/downloads/list).
The API is documented with doxygen style comments, start looking in
src/include/ipq_public_functions.h.

Best Regards,

Ralf

--
Ralf Hoffmann | DPI | ipoque
Neumarkt 29-33 | 04107 Leipzig | Germany

ipoque Executive Blog at http://blog.ipoque.com

Kevin

Dec 14, 2011, 8:56:39 PM12/14/11
to opendpi
Ralf -

Can you point me to any source code examples for inspecting the actual
data packets, rather than just the header?

thanks,
Kevin

Ralf Hoffmann

Dec 15, 2011, 3:57:12 AM12/15/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

On 2011-12-15 02:56, Kevin wrote:
> Can you point me to any source code examples for inspecting the
> actual data packets, rather than just the header?

For a very simple detection you can look into
src/lib/protocols/dhcp.c. It checks some header fields like UDP port
but also some payload patterns. It should give you an idea on how to
get started.