Integration OpenDPI with pf in freebsd

Sanjar

Sep 2, 2011, 2:12:05 AM9/2/11
to opendpi
I aim to block bittorrent. As I know it is impossible using just pf
rules. How it can be accomplished using OpenDPI? Must I use it with pf
rules?

Katrin Pflugfelder

Sep 12, 2011, 5:40:57 AM9/12/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sanjar,

OpenDPI can only detect unencrypted bittorrent. You can block unencrypted bittorrent with OpenDPI but Bittorrent will change to encrypted bittorrent as soon as the unencrypted part is blocked. So OpenDPI cannot help you in this case.

PACE, the commercial version of OpenDPI is able to block bittorrent in any case. PACE can resolve your problem, if you are interested in PACE, let me know.

Best Regards
--
Katrin Pflugfelder | Product Manager | ipoque
Neumarkt 29-33 | 04109 Leipzig | Germany

Broadband World Forum 2011, Paris, 27-29 September 2011

ipoque Executive Blog at http://blog.ipoque.com