I don't understand the protocol of timeout value,who can tell me?

wwweiyong

Jun 24, 2011, 9:00:56 AM6/24/11
to opendpi
Recently,I study the Opendpi,in the stucture
ipoque_detection_module_struct,why using ftp_connection_timeout ?

/* ftp parameters */
u32 ftp_connection_timeout;
/* irc parameters */
u32 irc_timeout;
/* gnutella parameters */
u32 gnutella_timeout;
/* battlefield parameters */
u32 battlefield_timeout;
/* thunder parameters */
u32 thunder_timeout;
/* iMesh parameters */

subhasis mohapatra

Jun 28, 2011, 7:27:59 AM6/28/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
ftp_connection_timeout stands for the duration for which the control info is valid.
Lets say if you got the data port from a ftp control connection ,so here ftp_connection_timeout will be the time for which the derived port (from the ftp control connection) is valid for that ftp session.

***_timeout are same thing for other protocols too.

Thanks,
Subhasis
--
With Regards,