hamitup

William Ashley

Mar 12, 2013, 8:26:02 AM3/12/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
if I understand correct1dBm input maximum

A maximum input level of +1dBm with LO at +7dBm

From what I understand I could add a resistor to lower the wattage output say hooking up a reistor between the IF out and the IF input?
Or is there a better way of protecting the board from surge protection or overpowering it.

Opendous

Mar 12, 2013, 11:59:12 AM3/12/13
to Opendous
To reduce the input level the easiest option is a 50-Ohm SMA-M to
SMA-F attenuator:
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch/dksus.dll?k=attenuator&vendor=0&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ptm=0&fid=0&quantity=0&PV16=6753&stock=1
http://www.minicircuits.com/products/attenuators_coax_fixed.shtml

You could DIY an attenuator as well. Here is a great attenuator
calculator that outputs easy to source E96 resistor values.
http://www.random-science-tools.com/electronics/PI_attenuator.html